This version of the blouse was my inspiration – I loved the solid with a pop of print inside the collar. Alas, I had no Liberty to use, so I settled for the Kaufman lawn I used for my Playdate/Puppet Show dress.
And since the outside was pretty plain, I did the front top-stitching in orange.
The fabric is shot cotton in ice blue. Shot cotton makes for such a soft and wearable garment. It’s really hard to capture this shade in photos – it ends up looking white instead of icy blue most of the time. But it really is pale blue, I promise.
I made the 2/3 and added one inch to the length, based mostly on the fact that I hate it when things come out too short.
I was really pleasantly surprised by how quickly and easily this came together – and I have to give credit to Kristin for passing along some tips from when she made her lovely Ayashe. There were a couple tricky parts she figured out so that I didn’t have to – nothing major, but it’s always nice to have someone blaze the pattern trail for you!