That’s the name of this pattern. For reals.
In the days leading up to KCWC on Elsie Marley, I read this interview with Yasuko from Dans La Lune. I checked out her patterns on Etsy and really liked the simple design of this little dress. I didn’t get around to making it for the challenge as planned, but it’s been at the top my list ever since. It turned out to be a pretty great recipe, all in all – everything went together quickly and the instructions were very easy to follow. I’d make it again.
Here’s how mine came out:
The bodice is gathered in the front and the keyhole neckline ties with ribbon. The arm and neck openings are finished with bias tape.
This was a test run so I decided to use something I had on hand and wasn’t too attached to, which turned out to be a couple dollars worth of yellow seersucker from Joann’s – I’m not super excited about this version of the dress, but I do think the pattern has potential. It’s simple enough that you could get creative with embellishment, and it could be cute with a shirt underneath in the fall, maybe in corduroy or something. The downside to the pattern (besides having to wrap my brain around centimeters) is that each size is sold separately, so I only got the 2T. But I think adding some length to the bottom should make the pattern usable for quite awhile.
Here are a couple more shots (mostly to show off her shiny new Saltwater sandals):
And here are our first juicy strawberries of the season, dribbled down the front….